Friday 9 October 2009

FABULOUS FRIEND FRIDAY IS HERE!!!!!!!

drum roll.....



Introducing


Amy, creator of the gorgeous Ponder and Stitch blog, is a woman after my own heart! She loves chocolate, tea, chocolate tea, vintage finds, good books and creating.

I've asked Amy a few questions to help us to get to know her a bit better. These questions will probably become familiar, but the treasure is in the answer ✧


{MW} Hello Amy :) Why don't you introduce yourself and tell as a little about YOU!
{PS} Hi! I live in Woodstock, IL. If I'm not at work (I work full time at a publishing company), I'm sewing, reading or vintage treasure hunting. I'm also just now learning to crochet, which is something I haven't attempted for at least 12-15 years. Scary!


The name of your blog & etsy shop are Ponder and Stitch. Where did that name come from?
Well, I tend to use a lot of vintage and repurposed fabrics. When I acquire a "new" old piece of fabric, I sit and wonder about the life it used to have. How was it used? How did it end up where I found it? I do a lot of pondering while I stitch, and that's how the name came about. :)


I am thrilled by receiving mail, especially any sort of hand written letter or parcel. What was the last treasure that arrived in your mail?
The last treasure that came by mail was my ponder sign! I'm pretty much in love with it!


I'm a bit of a wanderer myself, Where in the world would you like to visit? why?
I have wanted to visit England my whole life- London, to be exact! For some reason I picture it as it would have been back in Dickens novels and would love to experience that- kind of like jumping into a book. I know Victorian London is not the same as modern London, but it's definitely closer than here in the US! {I just had to tell Amy about Dickens World!}


There is a radio program here in Britain called Desert Island Discs. A guest is invited by to choose the eight records they would take with them to a desert island. As I know you are a veracious reader I will ask you for 8 books you would take with you to a desert island?
Hmmm, this question took a lot of pondering. My eight books:
-Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
-The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
-The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
-Villette by Charlotte Bronte
-Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
-Julia Margaret Cameron: The Complete Photographs
-The Chronicles of Narnia (if it's in a box set, it can count as one, right??)
The Bible- I figure if I'm stranded on an island I may need this one to get me through!


If you could go back and live in a past decade or century, when would you choose and why?
Oh, I'd go to Victorian times in London, without question! I really do feel I was born in the wrong century. I'm sure once I was there I'd change my mind since I'd have none of the modern day conveniences..but there is something just so enchanting about being back in that time. I think I've read so many books set in that time period that it has just made me crave it so.


What is your favorite thing about creating something by hand?
The sense of accomplishment, for sure! The payoff is so great when I can wear something I've sewn and know all the hard work that went into it. I also just find handmade items to be so special, no matter the nature of the item. There is a unique aspect to every handmade thing.


Please list three favorite things. Why are they favorites?
1. This tiny key
I LOVE tiny things and it's a mystery what it opened/unlocked. I love imagining the life it had before it came into my possession.

2. My rocks from Greece
I just love having a little piece of earth from somewhere so far away. Plus, these rocks look nothing like any rock I've ever seen here in the US. It's refreshing to see something so perfectly round and smooth and white.

3. My guitar. It is my favorite sound in the world. Of course these are just three of my favorite things!


What could you eat/drink every single day and never grow tired of?
Hmmm... I'd say Thanksgiving dinner for the food and chocolate chai for the drink. Mmmmm!

And finally Amy, what is your favorite place? Will you describe it to us?
Does this mean the favorite place I've been already? If so, I'd say my favorite place is all cozy in front of a roaring fire..wrapped in my favorite blanket and with a good book in hand. There's hot tea by my side and my cat, Finn, sleeping next to me. :)


Thank you so much Amy!
How lovely it was getting to know more about you! Your last answer especially has got me feeling very dreamy. I've GOT to try to find that chocolate chai!

I want to remind people that they can keep reading about and seeing your favorites and gorgeous creations at your blog Ponder and Stitch. Some of Amy's hand made items can purchased from Ponder and Stitch on Etsy and while supplies last, Amy's original vintage label plate art jewelry is available at Julia Belle Vintage.




{p.s. if anyone was looking for pressie ideas for me I do love everything in the Ponder and Stitch shop! ;D}

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you so much- you know I love ya'! I was having a kind of rough morning, and this just brightened up my day so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all of my questions - and what great answers they are!
    Don't forget...I'm waiting to be kidnapped off to Dickens World! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dear! recieved your lovely package today! thank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank you
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. love Ponder and Stitch! Great interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I want to make sure to mention I got my "ponder" sign here: www.banished.etsy.com.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful interview :) London is another world. You must get there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Amy and her blog! She's such a positive creative person, it's always interesting to read her posts, and see her creations!

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing