Friday 16 October 2009

FABULOUS FRIEND FRIDAY AGAIN!



Introducing  ♕  Presentazione


 
{drum roll} {rullo di tamburo}







  The Hens Army - l'esercito delle galline !!!!!


Grab a latte and biscotti you're about to meet una signora bella {a lovely lady} from sunny Italy! Katia is a generous and creatively talented lover of things vintage, polka dot and cupcake.
Katia is, among many things, the creator behind  A Thousand Ideas in a Cup  {Mille Idee in una Tazza} blog and The Hen's Army {l'esercito delle galline} etsy shop! 



Katia's blog is in Italian but you can translate the entire page all at once with Babelfish!



{mw} Hello Katia :) Why don't you introduce yourself and tell as a little about YOU!


{tha} I love my name. I wouldn't have had a different one..I'm Italian, living in sunny south Italy. I have two girls, Angelica and Arianna, who are the best aim I could ever reach! I love them, they're my inspirations and guides. Angelica, the eldest says to me what to make, she's dramatically creative and I'm very proud of her. I'm a teacher, a french teacher, and my works with young people allow me not to get older:). I like everything cupcake, I pray angels, my daughter's name comes from this love for everything winged. i do love Great Britain, i have a particular attitude into recycling..and..of course i adore vintage. I'm vintage inspired in everything i made.


{mw} Your Etsy Shop has such a fun name {the hens army - l'esercito delle galline}! Where did that name come from?
{tha}My work let me stay home half a day. So in the afternoon my girls and I have so much fun. We play, we cook, we draw, we create, we dance and we sing...these last two inspired me in giving such name to the shop. We feel such happy hens all together. Army is ironically against everything war...do not forget we're hens! We keep flowers under our arms and beads in the hands! {rather than guns!}


{mw} What was the last treasure that arrived in your mail?
{tha}Your cards Felicia of course! I love your work and the simple but treasured stuffs you do!

{I am blushing, big time!}

{mw} Where in the world would you like to visit? why?
{tha}As previously said I love Great Britain, i feel home there, everytime I come I feel better and better with my Scottish friends..however when I dream I do it about the for ever, the north globe islands {Scottish northern Isles} I would like to see closer.


What 8 records or books would you would take with you to a desert island?
  • I would take The Little Prince ------- I adore it!
  • Gibran's The Prophet
  • The Alchemist of Coelho and the fairy tales, not forgetting Chocolat, a beautiful story
  • Then, as I love the 1960 music I would keep the beatles with me, as much as Sade's songs and celtic music to find inspiration



If you could go back and live in a past decade or century, when would you choose and why?
Nice question:) if there is more than one life..and I strongly believe in that, I would have been in rural romantic england, in the countryside: I always dream a cottage in the fields with poor inside but with a fantastic sightseeing, I think it could be around 1800, considering the surroundings.



What is your favorite thing about creating something by hand?
I love to recycle. I recycle almost everything. Every jewel [I make] is made from recycled materials, every pouch too. It's quite hard for me to buy for creating, except the findings I need to make stuffs. My lucky is to own my granny storage box which is full of goodies, vintage and antiques..it is enough for me to have a look inside o be inspired.. so I do not have a particular attitude. Everything depends on the day, the weather, the granny's magic box and what my children wants me to do.



Please list three of your favorite things. Why are they favorites?
I love walking along the seaside at sunset because you can be so close to nature.
I love cooking pasta, which is actually my favourite food.
I love making stuffs, as I imagine my ideas coming off my brain, from an idea to something.



What could you eat/drink every single day and never grow tired of?
Ohh, coffee, of course..I'm a coffee addict! I drink alot of coffee every day. It is a way to feel better, to stay with friends, to share moods. I think you should feel similar when drinking tea.
{I totally agree Katia,  I am a tea addict! But in honor of Katia I had a cup of coffee while writing this blog entry }
 
What is your favorite place? Will you describe it to us?
My favourite place is my incredibly full of stuffs crafty room.a sewing machine, lots of sheets and fabrics, ribbons, buttons, tons of beads, wires and magazines. a couple of soft winged plumed angels watching over me, 2 pictures of my girls, a mp3 to hear good music.. it's simply my world. I know that when I came inside I go out with something new, swirly, creative. I would stay there for ages.


Here are a few of Katia's wonderful treasures from The Hen's Army shop



 



please enjoy and visit often x





3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the funny formatting y'all, I'm using the new version of blogger and it's a bit different than what I'm used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this "getting to know you" thing you've got going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi felicia, thank you very much! i'll copy and past the post into my blog
    cheers
    katia

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing