Monday 5 September 2011

Geeky Clean Fun

Because I don't have a robot or futuristic kitchen computer to help me around the house I struggle to stay on top of the cleaning and tidying. I didn't used to have such a problem. Friday used to be my "blitz the house day". I lived with 3 men in a 1930s bungalow, the house wasn't ever horrible but they didn't ever see dust or crumbs or toothpaste scum in the sink. You know what I mean....it's similar to male refrigerator blindness.
These days I don't have a set schedule and so I can't get into a rhythm.

I follow The Spotted Sparrow on facebook and I think she might have just saved my bacon!  She been posting tips on how to keep your house clean in just 15 minutes a day. I KNOW!
And this morning she posted a calendar with a job for every day. I am in geeky housewife pleasure overload! I was just talking to a friend about making up a rota for keeping the house clean but The Spotted Sparrow has done the work for us!

Are you ready for this? Maybe you should sit down. Maybe I should sit down.
Here are a few notes she posted with the calendar:

 

I've been cleaning one thing a day for the past few months and my flat is clean and tidy. No massive cleaning sessions before company comes over! You can do it too with this little cleaning schedule. Remember, this is based on my 2-bedroom flat. If you have a large home or children you can adjust the schedule to your needs.

surface clean: pick up anything laying about, dust, sweep, vacuum

deep clean: surface clean + baseboards, artwork, appliances, any anything else you've been avoiding when surface cleaning

touchables: door handles, telephones, remote controls, etc.


Want some more good news? SHE'S GOING TO MAKE ONE EVERY MONTH!
I'm just too excited about this (in case you couldn't tell!). I've been fretting about how I was going to keep a tidy home when Baby Woo arrived when I can't even do it now! Thank you The Spotted Sparrow you've answered my prayers!

On a Baby Woo related update my ultrasound is on Wednesday, that's just 2 more sleeps til I can see my sweet kicking baby again AND find out if I'm being pummelled by a footballer or ballerina!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it. It's been a lifesaver for me and hope it works just as well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing