Sunday 11 September 2011

New Big Knitting Challenge


I'm a novice knitter. I enjoy it & find it really relaxing. The only problem is I'm not that skilled. Within the past year or so I've tried to branch out from scarves and work from simple patterns to push myself to learn more stitches besides knit & purl...which has handily given me the wonderful excuse to collect as many vintage knitting patterns as I can get my grubby mitts on :)
When I found out that Mr Woo & I were expecting a baby I wanted to knit as many sweet tiny things as I could! I started a little dress but decided to wait until I found out if we were having a girl to finish it, because it's a hard/scary pattern for me. Now that I know we are having a girl I'll pick it back up again. Booties are my other new obsession! I started a pattern for the above baby Mary Janes, but it got complicated putting stitches onto double pointed needles and I couldn't figure it out....

so I moved on to this pattern. 
Here's the pattern link. It's sooo easy! I finished the first bootie in sage green with brown polka dot ribbon. Mr Woo will take a picture for me when they're done. It's adorable! I can't wait to finish the other one! 

And then....I saw THIS 
I had to have the pattern for this Baby Cashmerino Bonnet! The pattern is $6 from the designer Irina Poludnenko's website Hats & Not Hats. The pattern is out of my comfort zone! It's knit on circular needles and obviously has cabling and ribbing. I ordered Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino in this purple: 
I will be so proud of myself if I can do it! If I can't I'll have to ask my dear sweet friend Kirsten to do it for me. She's the one who taught me to knit & she's amazing! 
So there you have it. My big challenge. I am going to give it the ole college try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing