Tuesday 20 September 2011

Teddy Bears & Illustration Inspiration


Mr Woo has been thinking a lot about what gift to give our little RoseBud {what I've taken to calling Baby Woo}. He wants to pick out a special soft toy for her. He's been trawling every toy store we pass, but he still hasn't found the perfect one yet. Everyone needs a first teddy don't they.
I found an extremely soft elephant & Uncle Laurie bought the matching cheetah. Mr Woo could pick a zebra from the same collection...but it's just not right. He wants the PERFECT soft toy for his baby girl. It makes my heart swell with love for him.

He also wants to write a little book for our little RoseBud. She'd be the main character and she will go on many adventures just like her Daddy and I have. I'm going to do the illustrations. I'm feeling quite inspired at the moment but I obviously need to wait for the story before I can go off drawing & painting!
The  Black Apple has been especially inspiring. I first saw Emily's artwork on my friend Kitty's blog.



I think it's just so sweet! 
One day when I'm not so tired I'll bust out my sketch book and watercolors. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...I can't wait to see what you two come up with. Your book will be magical.


    hugs,
    Fritzi Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. get the book and draw quick - while you can! you will be a very busy mummy before your say sharpen pencils...xxxx

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing