Sunday 5 June 2011

Vinyl Project.

And nope I'm not talking records this time! I'm talking about a vinyl motorcycle seat! My bro-in-law bought himself a little vintage motorbike aka scooter to drive around Germany this summer!
It looks like this one.
For those in the know it's a 1982 Yamaha Townmate 79cc.
I don't know how he's going to get all the way to  Germany on that thing but I guess the seat does look comfy enough. My delicate posterior would hurt!
Anyway he's going to paint it up in metallic blue and wants a Union Jack Flag seat! Here's where I come in. His idea is a hand stitched flag like you see on leather jackets. OMG. I only have a little old Jones sewing machine....do you think it's up for the challenge?
sadly not my lovely studio, but it is just like my sweet machine! 

Dunno if any one out there knows much about sewing vinyl but I would appreciate any and all advice! Do I need to do it all by hand or find a professional machine? 
This is what I've got in mind for the finished seat:

It's a challenge as I've never done anything like it before! But I think I should be able to do it. Now just to find some marine grade vinyl in the UK wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. That's lovely - it brings up my inner mod and makes me want to do up a scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO I would love a scooter! now you do have a challenge! good luck and it will be worth it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it lovely grey! He only paid £100 for it! I know MissGinger....oh to have a vespa to zoom around on!

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing