Wednesday 8 September 2010

Tea Party Treats and I could use a little help from my friends!

 Now that the 1950s tea party birthday party is only a few weeks away I can start pulling out my recipes!

The birthday girl has requested a carrot cake. No problemo! It's my speciality birthday cake!

As we do have a 1950s theme we're going to need a Jelly mould {aka Jello}. Ours will be rabbit shaped and pink!
Don't let a week go by without one! Eek!

Now....Sandwiches. The standard tea party sandwiches are cucumber & cream cheese, cress, egg mayonnaise, roast ham & english mustard...maybe we'll have some cheese sandwiches too. I'm trying to be traditional...but I might have to bust out the goats cheese and beetroot chutney.

SCONES! With jam and cream and lemon curd!
Smitten Kitchen's Dreamy Cream Scones with Cranberries...mmm....

Lemon Scones from Sunbeam. I heart lemon most!

Lots of pots of tea of course! 

What am I missing?
I need little cakes perhaps. Cupcakes or cakeballs? Cookies?  
More savoury snacks too? 
Hmm....

I might be a little stuck here. HELP! What else shall I serve?

3 comments:

  1. feliciaaa i love scones! we don't have here..can u post a true english scones recipe?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately scones like a true English tea with clotted cream and jam. Oh and cup cakes...lots of cupcakes! If I think of anything else, I'll let you know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here ya go Katia!

    English Traditional Scones

    Makes 8-12 scones
    Time to prepare: less than 30 minutes
    Time to cook: 10 to 30 minutes

    Ingredients
    55g/2oz butter
    225g/8oz self-raising flour
    a pinch of salt
    25g/1oz caster sugar
    150ml/5fl oz milk

    Instructions

    Firstly heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Next mix together the salt, flour and butter. Stir in the caster sugar and then the milk until you get soft dough. Turn the dough onto a floured work area and knead lightly. Pat to a round 2cm/¾ inch thick. Using a 5cm/2in cutter, stamp out the rounds and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet. Knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use up all of the mix. Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.

    Cool on a wire rack and serve with butter / jam / clotted cream.

    Let us know how they are!

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing