Sunday 15 August 2010

I could resist no longer!

{thanks bake it pretty!}


Do you remember me telling you about a Vintage Button Chocolate Mold? If you don't you can click those words and you'll see the old post about the discovery of the century.
That's right, of the CENTURY!
Since that time I have trawled the foodie shops in search. I even came across a wonderful button cookie cutter online {which will have to come home to me one day.}
How cute!!!!

Well my friends, brace yourself because I've just made a purchase you need to see.

IT'S THE BUTTON CHOCOLATE MOULD!!!!!
After phoning around I found it on ebay.co.uk of all places! So take heart people in the UK! You can have it without the horrible shipping fees! Soon I shall be turning out little chocolate vintage buttons by the truck loads! WOO HOO!

I'm throwing a 1950s style tea party for a friend's birthday next month and thought ickle colorful eatable vintage buttons would be a perfect party favor! {that's my excuse anyway!} I will have to tell you all about the party ideas later! It's going to be so much fun!

I'm gonna have to go check out Bake It Pretty's blog to see if they have any other button related projects and download the gorgeous cards to go with the chocolate buttons!
You can get a downloadable version from the link above!
Check out this other cuteness that will probably make it's way to the tea party table...
Sugar and Meringue also give you a downloadable card!

Kewpie Cake Topper! Our Birthday girl LOVES Kewpies!

 

well...those would be for me! 

My head is buzzing with buttons and all of the gorgeous 1950s decorations and odd recipes! I still have to design the invites...the possibilities are endless! Do I go kitsch? Do I go classic 50s? Oh! I just don't know! Squeeeeeeeee!

I can't wait to tell you about the party ideas but I'd better save that for next time! Something for me to look forward to!

3 comments:

  1. hi dear, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I loooove planning parties! You have to check out my favorite party blog: http://www.hostessblog.com/
    They have sooo many good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great and looks fantastic, can't wait to hear all about the party!

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing