Saturday 30 January 2010

Fabulous Friend Saturday!


Drum Roll Please.....

Introducing....


PAINT, BAKE & CREATE BY HILARY SURRATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Hello Hilary! Why don't you introduce yourself and tell us about YOU!
Hello readers, I am a newly-wed for a little over a year to the man of my dreams. My husband, Mike, is a middle school youth minister, so my life involves doing a lot of youth ministry which I absolutely love! I grew up in Charleston, SC, and I have never lived anywhere else, which I wouldn’t ever change! I love living near the beach and everything about the summertime, especially slushies on a hot day! (I don’t do well in cold weather) I love to bake things, especially cupcakes. All throughout my school years, my friends would always call me the “Martha Stewart” of the group. I was always coming up with something to create! I started my business last year in September, and I was really surprised how much response I had with it. I’m in the process of opening an Etsy store, but until then you can order any of my creations off of my blog!
2. Do your blog & shop have a special name? Where did that name come from?
The name of my blog & shop is Paint, Bake, & Create! I thought of this name when I was in my design class in college. We had a project to do to create our own logo for a business. My business was Paint & Bake creative studios, and the logo was a cupcake holding a paintbrush. I chose those two things because painting and baking are two of my favorite things to do, and when they are combined, that just makes me extremely happy! When I started making hair bows I just added a hair bow on top of the cupcake and changed the name to Paint, Bake & Create. I fell in love with it, & created my own business!
 
 
 
3. What was the last treasure that arrived in your mail?
The last thing that arrived in my mail that I would consider a treasure is my new Nikon D3000 SLR camera. It was my Christmas/graduation present, and I surely do treasure it! :)
 4. Where in the world would you like to visit? why?
I would like to visit New York City! I know it’s in the United States, but I have never been there, and I have always really wanted to go there! It is just one of those places that seems like it can be so romantic & fun!

5.  What 8 records or books would you would take with you to a desert island (you can tell us why if you want to)?
This one is hard for me because I don’t read that much, and I’m not “set on” certain music, but what I do love and would love to take on a desert island would be movies. Here are my top 8:
            - The Notebook
            - Sweet Home Alabama
            - How to lose a guy in 10 days
            - Titanic
            - Just Married
            - Confessions of a Shopaholic
            - 27 Dresses
            - Bride Wars
Can you tell I love every chick flick possible, & I could watch them over and over again too?!?!
6. If you could go back and live in a past decade or century, when would you choose and why?
I would choose the 80s! I was born in the 80s, so I wasn’t really able to enjoy all of the wacky clothes & big hairstyles like I would want to! Every opportunity there is to dress up 80s style, I totally go all out: poufy sleeves & big teased hair!
 7. What is your favorite thing about creating something by hand?
There is just something special about having something personally handmade. I love the detail that goes into handmade things, every single little detail!!!


 8. Please list three of your favorite things. Why are they favorites?
            - Anything that has to do with CUPCAKES because they are so pretty!
            - Sunbathing on the BEACH, (it doesn’t get much better than that!)
            - Good SWEET TEA because it is yummy!
             {Hilary is totally a girl after my own heart!!!}

9. What could you eat/drink every single day and never grow tired of?
This kind of flows from my last answer: Sweet Tea & funfetti cupcakes w/ rainbow-chip icing! Who doesn’t love funfetti cupcakes?!?! And sweet tea, I’m from the south and I LOVE sweet tea!!
{Oh yes! The table wine of the South is my fave drink too!}

 10. What is your favorite place? Will you describe it to us?
The Beach on a warm summer day with a nice breeze. That would be considered paradise for me!

2 comments:

  1. hi felicia! got your parcel thank you thank you thank you! the earrings are still hidden somewhere..a packet is ready for you, i would have posted it this last week but the unusual very very bad weather forced us to stay home.
    huges and kisses
    katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the drumroll cupcake! You are too cute! :) Thanks for doing this my fello crafty friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing