Wednesday 18 January 2012

Due Day!

Today is theeeeeeeeee day! 
Baby Woo is meant to grace the world with her presence today. 
It's 11pm in England. Unless she *pops* out in the next hour...she'll be late for a very important date. 

I had a clinic appointment today and the doctor did attempt to help encourage my body into labor, but it's not quite ready yet. I have lots of signs of being ready including some contractions but we're just not quite there yet. But that's ok. 
I've done a lot of walking the past few days. 
I ate some very spicy pepper cheese today. 
The doctor tried to encourage things. 
I'm taking raspberry leaf leaf. 
But at the end of the day, we just have to wait. 
I'm okay with that. 
My Mom has arrived and she is extremely anxious for Baby Woo to arrive so that she can spend as much time with her as possible. I really want her to be happy but there is nothing I can do to convince Baby Woo that it's better out here than in there! Maybe the lack of space to stretch will be enough motivation for her, maybe not
All in good time. 
My mom wants to find some one who can give me a prenatal massage....I must hunt someone locally, I can hardly wait!!!
It's gotten very busy around here with my Mommy visiting so I won't be posting as regularly but don't worry, I will let you know when we've got a baby!

6 comments:

  1. Sending you all my love.

    hugs,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for you! My doctor's advice was to 'just stop thinking about it.' Lo and behold, I got busy the day I went into labor and was too busy to think about wanting him OUT! I wish I would have taken it easy before he made his appearance, and rested some. Instead, I was at the mall, and going to lunch, and getting a gym membership. I was supposed to be induced the next day, but my water broke that night instead.

    She'll come out when she's good and ready. Don't rush it. Enjoy the last few days with your family child-free. Once the baby is here things get a little less convenient (but in a good way, none the less.) Good luck! Sending prayers, well wishes, and love your family's way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for the encouragement Meg - I'm trying to do just what your Doc said. I think knowing that so few babies actually arrive on their due date & the fact that both Mr Woo and I were late arrivals helped to prepare me mentally and emotionally. I think anyhow. I was quite emotional yesterday, crying loads in the doctors office and then again once Mr Woo got home. Lets just blame that on the hormones shall we ;)

      Delete
  3. You're herrrrrrrrrrrre!! You made it, all forty weeks!! I think she'll come very soon, I think Friday or Saturday! And I can't wait to see that precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoooowwww!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH & You're up next!!! I do hope you're right! Either of those days would be great & they're also Mr Woo's days off :) Saturday would be good because it'll make finding a lift to the hospital a lot easier!

      Delete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing