Saturday 26 November 2011

Chocolatey Christmas

Chocolate. Christmas.
Don't those two words just make you happy?! In my world Christmas is the most exciting time of year {along with any other gift giving occasion really}. Even just THINKING about the word "Christmas" makes me giddy! And chocolate...well, the joy of chocolate needs to explanation does it really? 
SO when I was given the opportunity to try out a special Christmas Chocolate something from UK cocoa growers & chocolatiers Hotel Chocolat, yup, you guessed it, I had to be peeled off the ceiling. 
We've got a Hotel Chocolat in Chester now! 
I then had the task of choosing what I wanted to try. It became a classic kid in a candy store scenario. What in the heck was I going to try?! It had to be Christmasy. No problem there. I wanted it all!!! I finally settled on the Christmas Chocolate Goodie Bag because it had a bit of everything. This shortly arrived at my front door!

 I sat down and carefully untied the ribbon and pulled out the precious contents of my very own Christmas Chocolate Goodie Bag: a mini Festive Wreath, a Christmas Gift Slab, Milk Chocolate Pocket Reindeer and saving the best for last, a packet of Billionaire Shortbread Truffles. 





This was some serious chocolate. No namby pamby selection box sweets here. I had to enlist the hus for tasting. He said he'd take one for the team, even though it would be a sacrifice. This from a man who eats chocolate biscuits for breakfast. 
The wreath was hard core. Cranberries, honey roasted hazelnuts, chocolate biscuit pieces, milk and dark chocolate. I should have brought out a hammer to get into it! It took us a few days to eat it all. It wasn't my fave as I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate sadly. Now the Christmas Gift. That was more my speed. "mellow milk chocolate" and chocolate cookie pieces and a caramel gift. YUM! No fruity bits in, just straight up chocolate with the added delight of the crisp chocolate cookie bits. I'd buy this one again. 
Couldn't fault the milk chocolate reindeer, you know I love my mellow milk chocolate and Hotel Chocolat's milk chocolate is exquisite. 
Now brace yourself. I'm about to tell you about one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. No kidding. Will you go to the happy place with me? 

Milk chocolatey caramely shortbready heaven. 

I was transported right back to the very first time I'd ever tasted Millionaire Shortbread. It was when I first came to Scotland to study back in 2004. My course took elevenses and we had special elevenses on Fridays. One week we had home baked Millionaire Shortbread. I knew then that I had arrived in the most incredible country on the planet. It's been a favorite sweet ever since. When I bit into one of these truffles and the chocolate melted in my mouth followed by the decadent caramel with hint of praline I may have had some sort of religious experience. I stopped after one bite to bathe in the glow. 
For a Christmas treat this was sinful. No wonder they're "Billionaire" Shortbread Chocolates and not Millionaire. 
You must beg Santa to bring you some of these beauties. If he refuses take matters into your own hands & click the link. You won't regret it, unless you only order one packet. 

And so it was, my Chocolatey Christmas Hotel Chocolat adventure. Baby Woo is kicking away, no doubt giving thanks for the beautiful chocolates we did eat. 

I am also available to sample chocolates for Easter, Mother's Day, birthdays, anniversaries, exam results, weddings....

Thanks Hotel Chocolat! 




1 comment:

  1. Omg, those look so so good!!! I've never had anything like that..

    P.S. I don't have a pinterest account! For some reason I've resisted getting one, just like I will never get a facebook or twitter (though I might end up breaking down and getting pinterest one day- I just love looking at everyone's stuff!).

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing