Saturday 15 January 2011

Help A Hedgehog Hospital Auction

I wanted to share a special project that I'm so happy to be able to help with.

 
 As some of you know I have a very soft place in my heart for hedgehogs because of our little Poppy. I never paid much attention to hedgehogs before Poppy came into our life. Ever since then, and especially once she'd passed out of our life, I've wanted to do something to help as many little hedgies as I can.

One of the tiny hogs currently in care, far too small to survive hibernation, so will stay in the hospital until the spring.
She would had died if she hadnt been handed in to the hospital.
Help A Hedgehog Hospital is located in Gloucester, which is in South West England. 
Hedgehogs have always been a much-loved feature of the British countryside and are known as the gardener’s friend due to their appetite for slugs and snails and other garden pests. However, hedgehogs are in need of help and are now even classed as an endangered species in Britain. Road casualties and loss of habitat are the main causes of a decline in the U.K. hedgehog population. Changes in farming and land management have led to fewer places for hedgehogs to live and forage in the countryside and this, added to a loss of gardens to forage in as people turn them into car parking spaces or decking-covered patios all means less room for our spiny friends.
These poor little animals need as much help as we can give them, Help A Hedgehog Hospital has come up with a very clever way to raise money to continue helping as many "hogs" as possible!

The silent auction will be held on their facebook page (click the link & join in!) on Friday the 28th January 2011 at 7pm (GMT) for 5 days! 

Some Hedgehog loving crafters have gotten together to donate items for the auction! Here's a sneek peek! 

And that is just a small sample of the wonderful handmade and other items donated for the love of the hogs :)

I don't think it matters where in the world you live, the Hedgehog Hospital just needs help to keep the wee hedgehogs warm and fed and healing. Please "like" the facebook page and share it with anyone you think might be interested. If you'd like to donate anything for auction let me know and I'll put you in touch with the person in charge.

As I get ready to sign off I'll show you what I'm donating
1930s acrylic rose beads on antiqued bronze ear wires
Bid big starting on Friday 28th January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing