Monday 15 November 2010

Crafty Tattoos

I know tattoos aren't everybody's thing. I can totally appreciate that. But I happen to like them, the good ones. My Dad had "Joker" tattooed on his forearm from his time in the Navy I suppose. He was always ashamed of it, but to me it was just part of him. My brothers are covered in tattoos! My mom HATES them!!! Especially on me.

I have 4 tattoos. One of my best friends and I have a tradition of getting tattoos together. She and I drove to Savannah, GA a few times for tattoos when it was still illegal in SC. Last time I was home each got a small tattoo on our day out.

South Carolina Palmetto Moon :)
We've been talking about a repeat of our tattoo day out. Jestine's Kitchen & Holy City Tattoo.
I've been giving some thought to what small tattoo I'd like this time. I got the Palmetto Moon which is the emblem from my state flag to remind me of home last time I was there.
I've seen a trend in craft tattoos recently. Maybe just because I've only started looking. Some are rubbish, but some are cute & fun!
I totally love this one!
The Dainty Squid 

I'll be giving it some thought....
but right now I have a serious craving for shrimp & grits!

Do you have any tattoos?

5 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs Woo,
    i have three tattoos - two on my left shoulder and having number 3 next year. i am having the Gil Elgrin 'a spicey yarn' which is a girl knitting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Miss Ginger!!!! PLEASE Share photos! I have a serious vintage button obsession so I will probably just have something teeny and simple....like a button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dearie...you so need to get a little button. How CUTE would that be? And so very fitting. I have two. I'm actually thinking of getting one of them removed. I got it when I was 18 and I don't like it. The other one is one that I had done after my Daddy passed away. No one ever see's it, except my husband and I think that's okay. I love that you go with your girlfriend and you make an event of it. So very special.

    love love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those tattoos!

    I have five so far. All just black ink. A butterfly on my tailbone (I hope to cover it with something else), a shamrock on the back of my neck, a celtic knot circle with a black rose in the center between my should blades, an elven star on my right wrist, and Hekate's wheel on my left wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. That second tattoo is just about the most awesome thing I've ever seen. I've been thinking about getting a sewing machine tattoo for a while now (I already have 4; I think the ink gets in your blood) and I think this made up my mind for me. Also, I just popped over from PepperStitches, and I LOVE the things you make.
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing