Wednesday 7 July 2010

what do you want to be when you grow up?

I don't know about you, but I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. My answer changed quite as I grew up. I wanted to be a lawyer, interior designer, chef, a housewife, national geographic photographer,  an artist...I have a feeling I answered "I don't know" quite a lot. There are SO many choices. So many options. And there is more than one thing I can do well. What now?!
Do I go to Uni and get a degree in counselling so that I can pursue art therapy? Do I pressure my husband to get a higher paying job so that I can stay home and be a house wife and eventually stay at home mom? Do I keep pushing forward and try to be my own boss? Part-time work (if I could get an interview!!!). Why won't the answer just drop out of the sky?! Can anyone relate?

Home Maker?

Vintage retail & craft?

"Mature" Student?

work in a shop?
I just don't know what to do with myself!

While I ponder I'll make a cup of tea and start recovering our dining chairs! 
I would so appreciate your thoughts & your own stories. 

3 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this! You need to make decisions about where you're heading so early in life now and everyone wants to know what you're going to be. It's only in recent years I've really worked out what I like and is going to make happy, what's important to me and what I feel capable of doing. I turn 28 this month. Some would say that's about 12 years too late :) Instead I am starting a home study course in October (at which time I will also be becoming mum to little wish number 2) and so whilst I study I will be a mature student/housewife/stay at home mum combo :D I still fully intend to craft and hopefully make a little from the things I enjoy spending time creating. Really and truly, do what is going to make you happiest and that you can acheive (which by the way is anything because we are women and it's in our power!). Good luck with decisions (and you can always rethink in another 10 years time!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vixanne is right - work out what makes you happy and just keep asking the questions - the universe will reply evenutally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In an ideal world, this would be my suggestion: work, work anywhere, work hard, save as much money as you possibly can... then as soon as you get preggers, or give yourself a goal of being a stay at home housewife/mom then you can have a more comfortable life with your savings! All the meanwhile you can still do your fun hobbies on the side! You're good at different things, so finding a job you're good at should be easy!

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing