Sunday 23 September 2012

Wonder.



There is so much wonder in being a first time parent. That can mean lots of "what am I supposed to do?!" moments but also many, many precious times of watching in wonderment at discovering each new stage.
I am enjoying Matilda Rose every single day. I am enjoying being her Mum. 
I still can't believe I'm a mother.
I still can't believe how very lucky I am to be HER mother. 

I've spent the past 3 or so days washing, drying and folding our laundry. Yes, you heard right. And I'm only about half way through. Yep, there are only 3 of us. 
Cue "the neverending laundry" to the tune of The NeverEnding Story
 I thought it'd just be easier to bring Matilda's entire drawer out than bringing her clothes back and getting them into her drawer at some point. When Mr Woo got home and noticed her drawer full of sweet clothes in pretty patterns he said "Matilda, your clothes look like a fairy tale". How sweet huh?
Even with 3 poopy diapers today, very-very little sleep, a teething baby, a very messy flat, no shower, I only realised at 10pm that I hadn't brushed my teeth yet, clean underwear???, making 3 different dinners, and sitting here in dirty clothes I still feel so blessed. I still feel as though I am living my fairy tale. My dream come true...only a little messier....

2 comments:

  1. Awww, y'all are wearing warm jackets and hats? I'm still sweating my butt off here... So sad, I want fall!! :) you have to frame that pic of Matilda in her jacket, she looks perfect. And she sure is your clone, I bet every where y'all go people comment how much you look alike! And gotta love the never ending laundry. Gmo and my clothes are so big it makesit worse. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that's so sweet. Take it from me, it gets even better (and once they get to around Alexandra's age, they can help you with that never ending laundry!)

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing