Sunday 10 April 2011

Storage & Display

Storage in my little stall at Becnicks Wonder Emporium is a bit difficult as I don't have any suitable display furniture of my own!
I'm struggling to find some solutions! I did find a tiny wonderful little shelf, in my fave vintage green!
But it's only tiny and only teeny bits fit on it. I need some jewellery display. I found this great tutorial for a ring display which I sorely need.
 I think it looks quite good doesn't it! I'm hoping it can be wall mounted. 

This looks pretty wonderful! Are pretty hooks expensive?

This looks good & easy & effective!
 
 I like this idea too! I am all about these fabric covered boards.

Oh I just don't know! 

What do you use for display, even at home?

5 comments:

  1. for all my brooches i use an artists canvas - but love love the ideas above! imay invest in staple gun...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Do you think it would work for necklaces? Like if I used straight pins to anchor them in?
    And you will create reasons to use a staple gun, they're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a tricky one isn't it? Lot depends on WHAT you need to display but fabric covered boards is such a fun idea. Some wadding under the fabric would give it a more padded look and cork tiles under the fabric/wadding would give any pins you use something to stick into. Good luck, I'm sure you will come up with something groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling the fabric covered cork board! I didn't think about padding that out! Good thinkin Whitney!

    I found a 8inx10in-ish sized vintage frame in the flat. I've sprayed it a matte lavender which is pretty & a dowel to match. I'm going to hot glue the dowel onto the frame cause I think a nail would split it. It's too small for necklaces but it might be just right for bracelets :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! I've bid on a very pretty old biscuit tin to do the cigar box ring thing in. The cigar boxes were pricey and too small I think.

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing