Wednesday 3 March 2010

DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, NOT WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.

I stumbed upon a really wonderful inspiring blog this morning and one of Kitty's entries, "A little advise", contained the bit of wisdom "Do what you want to do, not what you have to do".
In a practical sense it's a lovely way to move into a great mindset to get through the day - choose to want to do something rather than feeling obligated and resenting the obligation. For me I will always have to choose to want to do laundry and I want to do it because I want my hus to have clean clothes to go out to work in....rather than I have to attack the never ending laundry. again. {by the way....how can only two people produce so much dirty laundry! i'll never understand it!!!! I could do washing every single day of the week!}
Practical. Practical! I'm so darn practical! 

I think there's a deeper meaning...

"Do what you want to do, not what you have to do".

That simple but pregnant phrase has planted itself in my soul. I feel the weight of it. It's almost like a dare to take a risk that will change my life.

I'll be turning this over for a while. I hope & pray that you are inspired too. 


Thanks 
kishes.


2 comments:

  1. Felicia,

    John would be so happy that we are taking his advise. He passed away a few years ago. "Do what you want to do, not what you have to do" has become my life's motto, well that and wishmaking. I hope we can be friends dear Felicia. You are adorable!

    love and hugs,
    Fritzi Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I'm going to start thinking this to myself every time I start to feel a little worn down. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing