Monday 23 November 2009

I'm dreaming of a white Kitsch-mas!


I have a rule, and it doesn't just apply to Christmas.


THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO KITSCH!

♥  kitsch!

Kitsch is {technically speaking} "the German and Yiddish word denoting art that is considered an inferior, tasteless copy of an extant style of art"...but it is oh so much more! Just ask the folks at Kitschy Kitschy Coo!

Many Christmas traditions and decorations in and of themselves are quite kitsch. And when I say Kitsch I mean FABULOUS!






 


My love of vintage started out as a love of all things kitsch...and my grandparents basement was a treasure trove of plastic snowmen,  three feet high "candles", reindeer & elves made out of some sort of weird fused plastic chips that looked like melted fruity pebbles and glasses purchased on vacation in Hawaii in the 70s.
 
Oh how colorful and wonderful!
When it comes to decorating my own home I am torn between tasteful vintage & kitschy goodness. I have lots of "tasteful" vintage treasures on my dressing table but I also have a pink Eiffel tower and hot pink glittery Virgin Mary money box.
I am so sad that all of the super vintage tree ornaments my family came across when I was a kid are long gone. We had some real kitschtastic treasures...but alas....

I shall have to start from scratch collecting pom pom poodles and Christmas tree twinklers!

Kitsch - do you love it or hate it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

whatcha thinkin' love?

 
Top Bing